What is G10 knife handle? and is it a good knife handle material?
What is a G10 handle?
G10 is a composite material composed of glass fiber and epoxy resin. the resin-soaked fiber-glass cloth have been layered, mixed, pressed, and heated together. During these processes, it becomes a lot tougher and smoother than regular fiberglass.
In terms of it is a good knife to handle materials, the answer is definitely yes. Let’s talk about starting from the advantages of the G10 knife handle.
1. G10 has stunning dimensional stability. When we exposed It to a high or low-temperature range from -196℃ to 300℃, it won’t shrink or swell.so, it’s moisture-proof. G-10 is generally safe to use. When cutting or grinding the material.
2. After pressed process and polished, the surface of the knife handle is extremely smooth, it’s not easy to adhere to any substance. thus, you can clean it easily which is a healthy way to cutting foods.
3. The great thing about G-10 is that it’s really easy to customize. generally when a knife company makes a knife with G-10 scales, they’ll offer it in at least three or four different colors.
4. It’s resistant to chemical corrosion, strong acid, strong alkali and various organic solvents.
5. The friction coefficient is low and it is the best choice for oil-free self-lubrication which can provide a great grip.
6. It was originally developed as a material for aircraft, this means G10 can withstand great forces without breaking deformation. It has high toughness.
7. G10 material is relatively lightweight.
8. It has high level of electrical insulation , anti-ultraviolet, anti-static.
9. In the manufacturing process, G-10 can be layered in a variety of ways to create a variety of different appearances and colors.
10. G10 is a very malleable material. The size of the handle and the grain of the handle can be easily changed by adding or subtracting layers of fiberglass, This means that manufacturers can provide customers with a huge choice in every aspect of their handles without having to spend a lot of extra time and money to make those different choices available.
According to these specific features , G10 material has been loved by knife makers. as a cooking lover, here is a quick list of why I love G-10 Damascus steel kitchen knife.
1. G10 knife handle is shapeable which means it’s more comfortable when you hold it in your hand. it’s good for fast speeding cut.
2. Carefully textured surface of the handle provides a great grip.
3. Lighter weight which can make you less fatigue when you use knife for a long-time cutting work.
4. Compared with Micarta,G10 knife handle is relatively cheaper.
5. Due to special process, it resists stains and corrosions and discoloration which means it’s a healthy handle for use.
In a word, ultra-premium G-10 handle is military grade with life-long durability. Hand polished, the ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior control, agility and comfort while the blade's spine is made smooth for a natural 'pinch grip’.
If you haven’t used G10 knife handle before, we recommend you try this. If you want to know other knowledge about G10 handle, you can let we know, we’ll clear your question.